First Time at the North Texas Outdoor Pursuit Center. New climbers to the NTOPC must be able to pass the belay test to rock climb here in the silos. New climbers can learn to tie into the rope with a figure eight follow thru knot and to belay with an ATC style belay device with one of our climbing instructors by taking our Basics Course. You will then spend some time climbing in our training room before heading into the silos to conquer the big walls. Allow at least one hour for check in and instruction. Courses are offered every 30 min. on a first come first serve basis.
Experienced climbers that already know how to tie-in and belay with an ATC will go through a belay and tie in check with one of our climbing instructors prior to climbing.
Indoor Climbing Membership - $50/month + tax
- 10% off gear in the NTOPC Pro Shop
- Full access during business hours
- Local outdoor climbing trips for $50.00
- Add a friend for $45 per month
- Free fitness and technique clinics
Outdoor Climbing Membership - $110/month + tax
- 15% off gear in the NTOPC Pro Shop
- Full indoor membership to the gym
- Free local climbing trips
- Discounted backpacking/intermediate climbing trips
- Discounted courses in our climbing school